Understanding Thermal Imaging and Data Acquisition
Pre-processing and Image Enhancement
Data Analysis and Feature Extraction
Applications Across Industries
- Building and Infrastructure Inspections: Thermal imaging aids in detecting heat leaks, moisture intrusion, or faulty electrical systems within buildings, enabling preventive maintenance and energy efficiency improvements.
- Medical Diagnostics: In the medical field, thermal imaging assists in identifying abnormalities in the human body, detecting inflammations, circulatory issues, and even early signs of diseases like breast cancer.
- Security and Surveillance: Thermal cameras are pivotal in surveillance systems, enabling detection in low-light conditions and identifying intruders or anomalies that might not be visible through conventional cameras.
- Agriculture and Farming: Thermal imaging helps monitor crop health, identify irrigation issues, and optimize resource allocation by assessing temperature variations across fields.
- Wildlife Monitoring: Researchers utilize thermal imaging for wildlife studies, tracking animal movements, and conservation efforts, especially for nocturnal species.
Future Trends and Perspectives
In CrackSense, thermal imaging is utilized to assess temperature variations across the orchard and vineyard as well as at the individual fruit surfaces, to better understand how insulation or direct exposure to the sunlight and small temperature variations affect the fruit cracking incidence in citruses, pomegranates, table grapes and sweet cherries.